We now have accrued over thirty system operating-years on our multiple “Beta-Site” installations that we closely monitor. Currently all are oil-fired appliance systems with varying end use applications. From these we can derive the following:
- NO APPLIANCE-RELATED SERVICE CALLS TO DATE – NONE! We have had two fuel/fuel tank related outages, however. (These were serviced, treated and corrected.) A recent severe power surge substantially damaged much of a client site, including our appliance. Service was reestablished within a day.
- Extended System Maintenance Intervals. Our Monitored No Service Trials – up to three years. Not recommended by the manufacturers however (nor us), but no incidents to report.
- Quiet and infrequent (Oil) Appliance Operation. Directly attributable to the very high-mass (Weil-McLain UO Series) boiler employed that operates at lower system temperatures.
- Fuel consumption reductions of 40 to 50% on most replacements, depending upon the individual application. No Guarantees however.
- Integrating with an Indirect Water Heater provides uninterrupted DHW priority and reduced, but continued heating under selective fail conditions. Proven on our beta sites.
- Installed system costs of 60 to 80% of contemporary “high-end” installs in our NH Area.
From our Beta Sites and other Trade Experience of over some sixty-five years we can project the following:
- Our Delta-T ECM Hydronic (FHW) Heating Appliance has an expected economic life of well over thirty (30) years, twice or more that of contemporary systems, and at less cost. (Buy two (2) of theirs to one (1) of ours?)
- Its heavy cast-iron and steel construction has superb contaminated water tolerance vs. any low-mass or condensing technology system. No Magnetite Alleviation typically required.
- Our High-Mass Delta-T ECM Distribution Appliance eliminates the need for hydronic boiler water return temperature management, a “must-do” on condensing systems.
- Smoothed hydronic distribution profiles projected upon radiation increase heated area comfort levels while reducing fuel consumption, as also noted by Taco Comfort Solutions®.