We now have over twenty (20) system operation-years accrued on our six (6) “Beta-Site” installations that we closely monitor. They are all oil-fired burner systems with similarly configured Appliances. From these we can derive the following to date:
- NO APPLIANCE-RELATED SERVICE CALLS TO DATE! NONE! (We have had two fuel/fuel tank related outages, however. (These were serviced, treated and corrected.)
- Extended System Maintenance Intervals. Our Monitored Trial Procedure – up to three (3) years. Not recommended by the manufacturers however (nor us)!
- Quiet and infrequent (Oil) Appliance Operation. Directly attributable to the very high-mass (Weil-McLain UO Series) boiler employed that operates at lower system temperatures.
- Fuel consumption reductions of 40 to 50% on most replacements, depending upon the individual application. No Guarantees however.
- Integrating an Indirect Water Heater provides uninterrupted DHW priority and extended heating under fail conditions. Our Trial Procedure.
- Installed system costs of 60 to 80% of prevailing in our NH “Beta Site” Area.
From our Beta Sites and other Trade Experience of over some sixty (60) years we can project the following:
- Our Delta-T ECM Hydronic (FHW) Heating Appliance has an economic life of well over thirty (30) years. Twice or more that of contemporary systems, and at less cost.
- Its heavy cast-iron and steel construction has superb contaminated water tolerance vs. any low-mass or condensing technology system. No Magnetite Alleviation System required.
- Our High-Mass Delta-T ECM Distribution Appliance eliminates the need for hydronic boiler water return temperature management, a “must-do” on condensing systems.
- Smoothed hydronic distribution profiles projected upon radiation increase heated area comfort levels while reducing fuel consumption, as also noted by Taco Comfort Solutions®.